Each year the Northern California World Trade Center hosts nearly 500 international visitors in the greater Sacramento region in partnership with Global Ties U.S. and the U.S. Department of State for short-term professional and diplomatic exchanges addressing global topics such as entrepreneurship, technological advancement, women’s empowerment, climate change, and trade as part of our International Exchanges.
Through these short-term visits, current and emerging foreign leaders exchange cutting-edge information with their professional counterparts, experience local culture, and cultivate lasting relationships with American citizens. Read about our upcoming visitors.
Top Program Areas for Sacramento Visitors
- Agriculture, Agri-tourism, & Food Safety
- Accountable & Transparent Governance
- Sustainable Energy & the Environment
- Entrepreneurship, Innovation & Technology
- Media & Combating Disinformation
- Women in Leadership
- U.S. Foreign Policy & Trade Relations
In addition to cultivating partnerships that enrich the Sacramento region, our visitor program also provides economic benefit by arranging for hotel rooms for the visitors, chartering transportation companies, and booking various cultural activities in the local community.
On an annual basis, the Sacramento Visitor Program hosts nearly 500 international visitors, generating more than $300,000 for the greater Sacramento region through hotel nights, tourist attraction visits, transportation, and food. Regional volunteers also donated over 3,700 hours of service to assist our mission.
How Can You Get Involved?
- Become a member for exclusive opportunities to meet with visitors in your industry.
- Host visitors for a meal at your home.
- Apply to become a program intern or volunteer.
- Make a tax-deductible contribution to support our mission.
About This Program
The Northern California World Trade Center partners with Global Ties U.S. to foster international diplomacy and connect leaders from around the world with their industry counterparts in the greater Sacramento region and the San Francisco Bay Area. These programs facilitate dynamic exchanges of ideas and best practices as well as the establishment of long-term relationships across the world