Globally Aware. Globally Oriented. Globally Fluent.
- Aug 20, 2015 — Export Strategy #1: Initial Trade Ecosystem Resources are published. Visit the Trade Ecosystem »
- May 28, 2015 — Export Strategy #2: International Business Luncheon connects local businesses with international resources, with more than 300 attendees filling the Convention Center. Check out the event description »
- Feb 01, 2015 — Export Plan Strategy #5: The Northern California World Trade Center launched the Global Sacramento initiative to celebrate the region’s international identity and expansive diversity. Find Global Sacramento »
- Jan 28, 2015 — The Northern California World Trade Center released the California Capital Region Export Plan. Read the Export Plan »
- Oct 24, 2014 — Spotlight on President/CEO Renée Taylor and the benefits of increased trade in Sacramento. Read the article »
- Oct 17, 2014 — Business Journal Report: “Sacramento lags in export market but help is on the way.” Read about it »
- Oct 17, 2014 — The Northern California World Trade Center released the foundation of the Capital Region Export Plan: click to read the California Capital Region Market Assessment »
- Sep 4, 2014 — Brookings study results released on the value of foreign students in Sacramento. Read the press release »
- July 10, 2014 — The Capital Region Export Plan Core Committee met to discuss the goals and strategies to be included in the upcoming Metropolitan Export Plan.
- May 21, 2014 — Amy Liu, Senior Fellow at the Brookings Institution and Co-Director of the Metropolitan Policy Program presented at the NorCalWTC’s 17th Annual Consular Corps Luncheon on the value of the GCI and the economic return of globally fluent metropolitan areas.
- May 12, 2014 — The Capital Region Export Plan Core Committee presented its Market Assessment at the second meeting of the Broookings’ Global Cities Initiative.
- Feb 18, 2014 — Survey released to procure data from exporters and providers of trade services in the California Capital Region. Read the story in the Sacramento Business Journal »
- Feb 5, 2014 — The Capital Region Export Plan Steering Committee met for an update on recent developments and the upcoming survey release.
- Dec 12, 2013 — The Capital Region Export Plan Core Group travels to Washington D.C. to attend the first working session of the Brookings Institution and JPMorgan Chase’s Global Cities Exchange.
- Nov 21, 2013 — The California Capital Region has been selected by the Brookings Institution to join the Global Cities Initiative’s New Exchange Network. Read More »
- Aug 20, 2013 — The NorCalWTC held its first Steering Committee meeting for the Capital Region Export Plan. Read about it in the Sacramento Bee » and the Sacramento Business Journal »
Defining the Metropolitan Area
The six-county Capital Region consists of El Dorado, Placer, Sacramento, Sutter, Yolo, and Yuba counties, covers 23 cities, spans roughly 6,300 square miles and comprises 2.3 million residents, making it the 4th largest metropolitan region in California and the 25th largest in the United States.
- Click here for an FAQ on the Export Plan.
- Download the California Capital Region Export Plan.
- Download the Brookings Institution’s ten-step guide to building a metropolitan export plan.
- Read more about Next Economy, the Capital Region Prosperity Plan, of which the Export Plan is part.
Subscribe to the NorCalWTC mailing list.